Gas Safe Register, which replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in 2009, is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances.
By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Adamson Construction are pleased to confirm that they are Gas Safe registered through their new Contracts Manager Karl Vernum.
The main focus of the Register is on improving and maintaining gas safety to the highest standards. Gas Safe Register make sure all gas engineers on the Register, (of which we are one of over 120,000), are qualified to work with gas. They work to protect the public from unsafe gas work through:
• A national investigations team tracking down illegal gas workers
• Regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
• Educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
• Investigating reports of unsafe gas work
The latest research has revealed that almost five million people across the UK are putting themselves at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions by employing illegal gas engineers who aren’t properly qualified.
To keep your gas project safe, follow Gas Safe Register’s top tips:
1. Only employ a legal Gas Safe registered engineer when having gas work carried out.
2. ‘Trust the Triangle’ and always ask to see your engineer’s Gas Safe ID card. Make sure you check the back of the card, which will state which gas appliances they are qualified to work on.
3. Know the symptoms of CO poisoning; headaches, nausea, breathlessness, collapse, dizziness and loss of consciousness.
4. If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, call the free 24-hour national gas emergency number immediately on 0800 111 999.
5. If you suspect that someone is an illegal fitter or are worried about gas work carried out, please contact Gas Safe Register.
If you would like to find out more details on the Gas Safe Register please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org